While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. ~ Angela Schwindt

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day(s)

So Labor Day is supposed to be a time to take a break from your job and relax, right?  Not in this house!!!  We took a break from our normal jobs and worked on our house all weekend!  It was a LOT of work, but well worth every minute!  We have had a lot of projects piling up, and finally took the time to get some of them done!

In completely random order...
 
I spray painted all of our furnace vents black...compared to what they used to look like, they are AWESOME!  However, I'm pretty sure HGTV will be blocked at our house from now on...LOL
 
For Colton's birthday, he and Derek built a sandbox.  A BIG sandbox...LOL  When they told me it would be 12x12, I didn't think much of it.  I just thought, oh, that will be a good size...then when I saw the finished product...now THAT'S a sandbox!!!  After a BIG trailerload (approx. 20T) of sand, the kids are set.   
 
We also installed a hardwood floor inside our front door.  I got the pleasure of doing the demo to get ready for this project...tore up the linoleum and old plywood...was pretty dang proud of myself!  Now I see why Derek likes demo work so much!  And as much as I wanted to use that really cool nail gun, I decided I better leave that to the pros... 
 

 And they did a GREAT job!  It looks like it should have been like that forever!
 
And finally, after 4 years, we have steps that go to our laundry room!  (No, that is not our laundry room...just where they decided to put the stairs together...)   
 
On to the next project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment